"Likejacking" Takes Off on Facebook), our top stories range from the coming data explosion to an argument against linking. We also continued our exploration of the significant Internet trends of 2010: There are RFID hoaxes and hexes in the Internet of Things; a special logo for augmented reality; and the oil spill goes real time. Read on for more.While Facebook was once again the biggest story this week (
Story of the Week
- "Likejacking" Takes Off on Facebook
- George W. Bush Has Joined Facebook
- The Coming Data Explosion
- The Case Against Links
- iPad: $1 Billion Later, What Do You Think of It Now?
- Google.com Gets A Photo - Yours
The Real-Time Web Summit, New York City
You're invited to join ReadWriteWeb for our third event and our first on the East Coast: the ReadWriteWeb Real-Time Web Summit, on June 11 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. This is our second Summit on the Real-Time Web, following on from our successful debut event in Mountain View last October. It will follow the same unconference format, which we have gotten a lot of great feedback on.
The Real-Time Web is a set of technologies that impacts almost every service, activity and application on the Web. We were one of the first news outlets to analyze the Real-Time Web and we've since written extensively about it. Come to the summit to understand how it impacts you, your business and your next development.
- YouTube Adds Real-Time Discussion Support with Google Moderator
- Oilaholic: Oil Spill Goes Real-Time
- Spy-in-the-Sky as a Cloud Service
Augmented Reality for Marketers and Developers: Our Newest Research Report
Augmented Reality for Marketers and Developers: Analysis of the Leaders, the Challenges and the Future. This report will help you develop a sophisticated understanding of Augmented Reality (AR), the mobile and Web technology that places data on top of a user's view of the physical world. The research included will help you decrease your AR development time to market by learning from the first wave of early adopters. AR offers a new marketing and product paradigm for a high impact, high value customer experience. More than 1,000 AR campaigns were kicked-off last year and we expect to see many more in 2010. In this report, we profile key AR development companies, their campaigns as well as development lessons learned. For more information or to buy the report, visit here.We're pleased to announce ReadWriteWeb's latest premium report,
Internet of Things
- RFID Hoaxes and Hexes
- Internet of Things Business Models: Pachube Partners With Current Cost
- Towards a Trillion Nodes: Crossbow Sensors
- Steve Jobs: Tablets will Usher in Post-PC Era
- Don't Believe the Hype: Sprint "4G" Slower Than T-Mobile 3G, Report Finds
- Poll: Is AT&T Strangling the Future or Is Everything Going to Be OK?
Check Out The ReadWriteWeb iPhone App
ReadWriteWeb iPhone app. As well as enabling you to read ReadWriteWeb while on the go or lying on the couch, we've made it easy to share ReadWriteWeb posts directly from your iPhone, on Twitter and Facebook. You can also follow the RWW team on Twitter, directly from the app. We invite you to download it now from iTunes.We recently launched the official
- Never Mind the Valley: Here's Finland
- 5 Basic Things to Consider Before Moving Your Startup to the Cloud
- Analytics for Your Startup: Building the Right Metrics
ReadWriteCloud, sponsored by VMware and Intel, is dedicated to Virtualization and Cloud Computing.Our channel
- Survey: More Than 80% of Businesses Support the iPad
- Weekly Poll: Why Are Open APIs So Hot?
- Rackspace Cloud Grows to U.K. - Hosting VMware and Xen in Harmony
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Subscribe to Weekly Wrap-up
You can subscribe to the Weekly Wrap-up by RSS or by email below.
RWW Weekly Wrap-up Email Subscription form: