Microsoft dove headfirst into the hardware business this week with its new flagship Surface tablets. Competition drives innovation, and now four of the biggest tech companies - Apple, Amazon, Google and Microsoft - have different takes on the touchscreen. Eliot and Jon discussed the implications in this week's RWW hangout.
Here are links to the posts and topics we talked about:
- [Video] Surface vs. iPad: Microsoft's Getting Rusty At Stealing from Apple
- Microsoft Reveals A Family of Super-Thin Tablets Called Surface
- [Video] 3 Reasons Microsoft's Windows Surface Tablet Just Might Succeed
- New Chromebook & Chromebox Are Good Enough to Grab Minds & Market Share
- Chrome On a Tablet? New Video Emerges
We hang out at 11:00 a.m. Pacific on Thursdays, and you're welcome to join us or just watch live. (Here's the time for every time zone.) Make sure to follow +ReadWriteWeb on Google+ if you want to watch or participate. We'd love to have you!