new unlike button on Facebook's News Feed. In our coverage of other top Internet trends, new data shows that the location-based check-in craze is far from mainstream; Kinect could control your Internet of Things; and in mobile Web news, Dell, Bank of America and Citigroup are reportedly ditching Blackberry.This week's chart-topping story was Sarah Perez's look at the
Top Stories of the Week
- Facebook "Unlike" Button Comes to the News Feed
- Facebook Wants to Be Your One True Mobile Platform
- Hulu Plus Opens to All, No Invite Needed
- IE9 Outperforms Other Browsers for HTML5 Compliance
- How to Watch Election Results Tonight Online
Download The Age of Exabytes: Tools & Approaches for Managing Big Data
We are experiencing a big data explosion, a result not only of increasing Internet usage by people around the world, but also the connection of billions of devices to the Internet. Eight years ago, for example, there were only around 5 exabytes of data online. Just two years ago, that amount of data passed over the Internet over the course of a single month. And recent estimates put monthly Internet data flow at around 21 exabytes of data.
Our latest report, The Age of Exabytes, explores how technologies are evolving to address the needs of managing big data, from innovations in storage at the chip and data center level, to the development of frameworks used for distributed computing, to the increasing demand for analytical tools that can glean insights from big data in near real-time. Download it for free now.
- World Wide, Web Surfing Down as Entertainment, P2P Dominate Global Internet Usage
- Trying for Parity with the iPhone App, Twitter for Android Gets an Upgrade
Internet of Things
- Ditching RIM: Dell, Bank of America, Citigroup Saying Farewell to Blackberry
- Apple's App Store Soars Past 300,000 Apps
Check Out The ReadWriteWeb iPhone App
ReadWriteEnterprise is devoted to enterprise 2.0 and using social software inside organizations.
- Why Oracle Bought E-Commerce Company ATG
- 4 Reasons Enterprise IT Should Support the iPad
- Salesforce.com Reportedly Close to Acquiring WebEx Competitor Dimdim
- Update: No Cause for Concern - InnoDB Remains Free as Part of MySQL Community Edition
- NoSQL: Comparing the Different Solutions
- Dell Buys Boomi - Is an Acquisition Spree on the Way?
ReadWriteBiz is a resource and guide for small to medium businesses.
- What Will the Future of Business Cards Look Like?
- Track Online (and Offline) Marketing and ROI With MyNextCustomer
- Survey: SMBs to Keep Spending on Digital Marketing in 2011
ReadWriteHack is a resource and guide for developers.
- Silverlight Developers: Are You Going to Move On?
- Speed Up Your Web Site With Google's mod_pagespeed for Apache
ReadWriteMobile is dedicated to helping its community understand the strategic business and technical implications of developing mobile applications.
- The Mobile Developer Journey from App Design to Monetization (Infographic)
- State of the App Industry 2010 (Report)
- Checklist: Which to Build First - Mobile Website or App?
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Subscribe to the Weekly Wrap-up
You can subscribe to the Weekly Wrap-up by RSS or by email below.
RWW Weekly Wrap-up Email Subscription form: