Mobile Summit - May 7th at the Computer History Museum. Get ready to explore, think and create the future of Mobile! As in our last event, The Real-Time Web Summit, it will be you - the attendees - who ultimately set the agenda.Excitement is building for our upcoming
We will have two main tracks at this Summit, Development and Business. Here's a sample of some of the topics we'll explore in both of these tracks.
- Geo-location services - what can you do using location as a platform?
- Commerce & Marketing - as more and more consumers use smartphones, how can businesses utilize this channel?
- Content, Publishing & Recommendations - the technologies and best practices.
- Mobile Social Networking - how to tap into communities on mobile devices.
- Internet of Things - the emerging opportunities from sensor and RFID data.
- Augmented Reality - the technology and business applications of AR.
- Native App vs. Browser Based - Including iPhone, Android, RIM, Palm, Windows Mobile and Symbian.
We already have some amazing attendees including:
- Deb Schultz of Altimeter group
- Patrick Chanezon, Don Dodge & Bob Meese of Google
- Matt Galligan of Simplegeo
- Ted Morgan of Skyhook Wireless
- Scott Raney & Tom Tunguz of Redpoint Ventures
If you haven't already registered, please register now!
Supporting the conversation are an amazing set of sponsors who are not only committed to releasing products that are shaping the future of mobile but also supporting that conversation. Below we're announcing the first 3 sponsors of the summit. If you'd like information on joining these sponsors and supporting the upcoming mobile summit please email me.
Platinum Sponsor: CallFire
CallFire allows SMBs and developers to easily & cost-effectively build rich interactive phone systems. In minutes, users can create useful toll free hot-lines, send notification & emergency response phone calls, and even setup cloud call centers with agents located anywhere in the world. CallFire's text-to-speech engine lets you create database-driven appointment reminders, toll-free information hotlines & outbound power-dialing campaigns for pennies a call. Call 877.897.FIRE to learn more, or check out a video: IVR, Cloud Call Center, Toll Free Numbers.
CallFire will be introducing our very own Richard MacManus for the keynote and has a surprise giveaway for all attendees of the morning keynote - so make sure you arrive early!
Travel Sponsor: World Mate
WorldMate, the world's leading mobile travel assistant with over 5 million members worldwide, is the official travel sponsor of the upcoming 2010 ReadWriteWeb Mobile Summit. Add WorldMate to your Blackberry or iPhone today and use its powerful features to deliver an unparalleled travel experience as you make your way to the Summit on May 7th in Mountain View. WorldMate can recommend flights, hotels and ground transportation to suit your individual needs - you can even book your travel through the mobile application. Visit www.worldmate.com for more information.
Lunch Sponsor: Alcatel-Lucent
Alcatel-Lucent will be sponsoring the lunch at the Mobile Summit. By the way, this isn't a boxed lunch, we know that shaping the future of mobile takes energy and therefore you need good food - so we're pleased to announce the lunch will be fresh grilled made to order tacos, burritos & quesadillas. Also, while ordering your lunch make sure to drop your business card in for a chance to win one of the six iPads Alcatel-Lucent's team will be giving away!Finally,