One thing that is definitely “funky” is the blogroll in Radio Userland. I updated my blogroll.opml file last night but – no matter what trickery I do – the changes won’t publish. That is why my external links look a bit odd right now.
John Robb recently announced that Radio will soon release a new version, which is exciting news for us Radio fans. I look forward to the new features. But I also hope they address the little things, like the continuing blogroll funkiness.
Radio is a wonderful product and I like playing around with it. But there are some kinks in the publishing process which need to be ironed out, pleeeease 🙂
postscript: ha ha, typically as soon as I published this I discovered how to force my blogroll to publish. In my browser, I browsed to the location of my blogroll: http://radio.weblogs.com/0105304/gems/blogroll.opml. I noticed it was still displaying the old version of my blogroll. Hmmm, so I refreshed the browser and it updated to the new version. I thought well maybe that will finally update my weblog. Nothing else had worked and I had tried everything – including deleting the blogroll.opml file from my gems folder and its reference from my homepage template, clicking ‘Radio –> Publish –> Entire Website’, adding the opml file back in, re-publishing, etc.
So anyway after refreshing the blogroll.opml page in my browser, I re-published this post and – lo and behold – my blogroll had finally updated on my homepage. Praise be. I can go and enjoy my Sunday now 🙂