As we reported earlier yesterday, Tizen is now officially making its way onto the original Samsung Galaxy Gear 1, Model number SM-V700. You can update your Smart watch via Samsung kies desktop software or you can download the update file manually and flash it yourself, which is what we will explore here.
WARNING: Manually flashing or software updating your device should only be carried out by people who know what they are doing, and who accept the risk of bricking your device.
The Steps you need to do are as follows:
- Download Odin 3.09, and extract it to its own folder
- Download the Firmware file for SM-V700 from Sammobile , search for SM-V700 for the firmware appropriate to your country. Once downloaded, extract it to its own folder
- Put your Gear 1 device into download mode, as per instructions in Video
- Launch Odin
- Connect Smart watch to your PC
- Make sure the settings are the default ones ie Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time selected
- Select the AP Button
- Navigate to where you extracted the firmware file and select the .MD5 file
- Click on Start
- Wait for it to finish.
Below is a video going through these steps:
How are you finding your newly flashed Samsung Galaxy Gear Tizen device? Please let us know in the comments.