Editor's note: This post was originally published by our partners at PopSugar Tech.
Pinterest, the web's fastest growing content-sharing platform, is home to some of the Internet's most stunning images and most clever hacks. The It Girl of social networking isn't just full of mason jars and wedding dresses—as the most repinned material from 2013 shows, Pinterest is a place to plan travel, learn about tech, find workout inspiration, and bookmark the cars of your dreams, too.
This year, Pinterest was also a place where users lent each other helping hands. Pinners offered their expertise on how to pack light and tie a tie, then a massive number of fellow pinfolk liked, commented, and saved those tutorials for themselves. Read on to discover what trends tickled Pinterest users' fancies in travel, decor, tech, and more, then let us know which pins were your year-end favorites.
Top Places And Travel Pins
Quiet, serene locales dominated Pinterest's most viral travel and places pins. Escapist vacations are what pinners seem to be lusting after.
- The Caves Resort, Jamaica via Escape Normal
- Blue Lagoon, Iceland via Darling Stuff
- Bagan Temples, Myanmar via Flickr user fotravel
Top Tech Pins
Pinterest users may be the most connected people on the planet. From accessories that accommodate their many mobile devices to household items with a tech twist, pinners coveted stuff that'll keep them connected 24/7.
- Griffin's PowerDock 5 via PC Mag
- WordPress's Most Popular Plug-ins via WP Template
- Home tech items you'll love via BrightNest
Top Fitness Pins
Video tutorials, workout plans, and de-stressing yoga sequences were how pinners planned to get healthy and fit in 2013.
- Victoria's Secret Ab Workout via POPSUGAR Fitness
- My Get Fit Quick Plan via Lauren Conrad
- Yoga Poses to Detox, Cleanse, and Improve Digestion via Shape
Top Decor Pins
Unique, beautiful storage solutions caught the attention of this year's pinners. From bookshelves to kitchen organization, Pinterest's home owners elevated their cluttered spaces to a whole new level of design.
- Organized Kitchen via Instagram user rick_poon
- Stacked shelves via Afflante
- Bookcase at the office of the Dutch Architects of the Year, 2012 via Inthralld
Top Women's Fashion Pins
Pinners are enamored with the modern-day, princessy vibe of tulle and elegant, flowing gowns. Tips on traveling attire and street style of casual weekend wear were also among the top fashion trends on Pinterest.
- Tulle Skirt via College Vintage
- How to travel light via Seventeenth and Irving
- Paolo Sebastian Wedding Dress via Paolo Sebastian
Top Food Pins
Reinventing sides and entrées as bite-size apps in cupcake tins ruled Pinterest this year. Baked chicken casserole dishes and, obviously, bacon, were also big hits.
- Double Decker Taco Cupcakes via The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Rosemary Chicken Lasagna via Feasting at Home
- Beer-Candied Bacon via Tide and Thyme
Top Men's Fashion Pins
Men (and the female pinners who dress them) favor formal workwear on Pinterest — and are especially interested in tutorials on how exactly that look is achieved.
- How to tie a scarf via Bearings Guide
- The Gentleman's Guide to Shoes via Gentlemanr
- Bowties and how to tie them via DIY Project Network
Top Auto Pins
Sporty vintage machines ruled the Pinterest roads in 2013. Refurbished roadsters were among this year's top automotive pins.
- '70 Chevrolet Chevelle SS via Flickr user 1GrandPooBah
- 1974 Lomborghini Urraco via Bring a Trailer
- BMW 1956 Iseta via Tumblr user coolerthanbefore
More stories from PopSugar Tech:
10 Really, Really Last-Minute Digital Gifts
Best of 2013: Apple Picks the Top Apps For iPhone and iPad
Moon Shoes On! China Successfully Lands a Lunar Rover
Winter-Proof Your Gadgets: 6 Tips You Need to Know
Let Lil Bub and Digital Yule Logs Warm the Hearth