SocialNuggets has today launched a new portal for tracking real-time sentiment from consumers regarding tablet market trends. On the site, the firm will track information related to brands, products, pricing, features, applications and marketing campaigns. The goal is to provide consumers with more insight into their upcoming tablet purchases, while also providing marketers a glimpse into the social media chatter surrounding these increasingly popular devices.Social media analytics firm
To give you an example of the kind of things SocialNuggests has uncovered so, the firm reports the following trends, derived from over 1 million conversations in social media over the past 6 months:
- Business, shopping and gaming are the top 3 most common tablet activities with Apples iPad & Blackberrys Playbook used most often for business purposes
- Apple, Samsung and Motorola are the Top 3 vendors in tablets based on number of conversations and overall net perception scores
- The price of HPs WebOS-based tablet was considered most favorable among users while Blackberrys Playbook had the most negative sentiments on price
- Most consumers had an Intent to Purchase Apples iPad while Android tablets were right behind. But Blackberry and HP tablets lagged far behind Apple and Android
- Android tablet manufacturers have much to learn from Apple when it comes to customer service, as Apple scored significantly higher in this category
The portal, and the insights it contains, will be available for free, here, starting today. A Premium Data Portal offering a more complete set of data will be made available for a fee.