It's called The Cloud. Yes, The Cloud and it is the single greatest most amazing invention that we have seen in years. I mean decades. Centuries in fact. Millenia!
You may have heard of the Big Bang. The Cloud is bigger - much bigger. It has bang, folks. Super bang.
But you may be asking how you can get a piece of this Cloud. Well, luckily for us, we have the cloud-famous Rhett Glauser. Yes, Rhett has put together a list that's the playbook for The Cloud.
Follow Rhett's step-by-step guide and you, too, can be a cloud provider.
Drum roll, please!
- Create a new consulting service to help cloud customers feel assured.
- Dust off old CD boxes, apply white out liberally, change words like "network," "storage" and "software" to "cloud" and "SaaS". Give no thought to actual meaning of any terms.
- Form an industry consortium for the purpose of gathering luddites in the spirit of creating standards that will save the dinosaurs.
- Announce cloudy partnerships simply because a fusion of synergy always means 1+1=3.
- Call everything a cloud service just for effect, even if it is simply a basic IT service. Cloud is a way bigger tent than any of us ever realized.
- Convince customers they need cloud management tools in addition to the management tools they already have. Apparently the cloud broke the old tools, or was that the Internet's fault?
That's not all. We even have some marketing material so you can sell Clouds. You may think that this advertisement is about paint. But that's the point! The Cloud can be anything you want!
Isn't that a cute littlle bunny in The Cloud? You know what that is?
Bunny-as-a-Service, yes, BaaS. It's a bunny, with a big cloudy tail. Now, let me tell you about that bunny...