Creating an efficient and effective employee schedule can be the difference between being stressed out or being relaxed as a manager. Your employees are your business and you always have to Ensure that your staff is where they need to be is critical for the smooth operation of your business.
Related Read: 9 Ways To Help Your Employees Step Up
The roster will always be a major focus of any business. In saying that, business is primarily about making money, and with this being the major goal of most business’ they will always be focused on ways to save time and money, and one of, if not, the biggest expense is payroll. Having a system such as an employee scheduling will cut time to an arduous and sometimes exhaustive process as rostering staff.
With efficient scheduling software, you can track staff shift times down to the minute, thus getting an exact calculation of your wage expenditure. Therefore with such accurate and real-time information, you can cut down on any unnecessary staff and wages.
With ever-changing technological advancement, workplace laws and requirements and changes to the workplace, running a business has more components than ever, and with this, the time pressure becomes even more problematic.
With scheduling software, you can avoid the pitfalls of not being compliant and be abiding by all workplace laws, scheduling software lessons the risk of accidentally flouting workplace laws with a multitude of functions to help make sure you’re in compliance.
From overtime to hours worked public holiday rates and different industry awards, keeping your finger on the pulse of all the different requirements that a business has to abide by eases the stress on a manager.
Implementing latest management tactics and processes with technology will keep you ahead of the game and will ease the pressure that occurs when you’re trying to build and keep, happy and loyal employees.
Staff Scheduling Challenges
Planning out a roster for the day, week or month can be challenging, having a central electronic platform to perform a multitude of tasks just makes your life much simpler. Flicking in between different applications and programs, emails and texts to work out the staff requirements, allowed wage budget and pay rates can fry a manger’s brain sometimes.
It can take hours for a manager to plan and sort through all of the above, to make a roster for the business, hours that can be saved quite easily, all the while being a more efficient and effective way of processing a staple requirement of any business.
Managers always have the pressure and responsibility of being compliant with organizational and workplace regulations, internal business requirements, employee upskilling, customer requirements and so much more.
With all these tasks, it is becoming a basic requirement of any business today to use employee scheduling software in order to always Staying Compliant with employee scheduling in any current and future laws and regulations of your business.
A well-managed and well-implemented employee scheduling system can help to keep your business moving smoothly as well as resolving a few difficult situations which can arise from rostering, payroll and compliance.
Importance of Employee Scheduling
Implementing and maintaining a consistent and efficient workplace schedule is important for the smooth function of your business. It helps to cut down wasted time, find inefficiencies and improve productivity. A great employee management system helps owners and managers to get more bang for your buck. Here are some key reasons why employee scheduling is important for your business:
- Add a professional touch that is cost-effective: To get the work done efficiently and effectively, employee software is becoming a requirement for all business’ today. It also reduces the labor cost and the maximum amount of work is completed in a shorter amount of time. Employees with the proper resources at their disposal can really maximize their efficiency at work.
- Reduce the stress: Creating an effective schedule ensures all the required tasks are done in a timely manner, without shift conflicts and to also ensure that your staff happy and a bit less stressed.
- Meeting deadlines: Managers can send alerts and notifications immediately to all staff if a shift needs to be filled, or priority tasks need to be done earlier, scheduling software can quickly alleviate your issues.
Utilising Employee Scheduling Software
It is always a challenge to coordinate with your staff members via email or text, regardless if you are part of a small cafe, or a large corporation, using employee scheduling software is a powerful and productive way to manage the employee schedule.
In real time you can quickly track your employees’ holiday leave, sick leave and also alert employees when there are scheduling conflicts. Managers and Employees can update their availabilities, see their hourly rate, receive their schedules and get notifications in real time on any mobile devices.
In addition to the preceding features, managers can customize compliance rules like overtime, break allocation, public holidays to suit your internal business policies and workplace regulations.
Here are some benefits that owners and managers can gain by using employee scheduling software:
- The software makes scheduling easy to manage and employers will know the employee availability, key details, pay rates, leave requirements, payroll and shift times. In addition, It will help to improve accountability of your staff and catch those staff members that spend a little too long on break.
- Managers can view and edit the schedule from anywhere in real time. Scheduling software helps employers save time and improve their focus on other parts of their business.
- Employee scheduling software is compatible on multiple platforms like Android, iOS, and available for desktop.
The old paper timesheets is a dinosaur of the past, the clock on a system on your old POS system is on the way out and being replaced in a very rapid movement towards all-encompassing employee scheduling software. Accurate and in real time, great all-in-one employee scheduling software is the future of your business.