Experts are bullish on AMZN stock after the stock split.
- Amazon (AMZN) stock just went through a 20-for-1 split.
- This drastically reduced its price to make it easier for more traders to invest.
- Experts are weighing in on whether this is a good thing for AMZN stock.
Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) underwent a major stock split recently. Now some traders are wondering “should I buy shares” after the split.
AMZN went through a 20-for-1 stock split in order to reduce the price of its shares. This allows the company to reach a wider range of traders. That includes those that couldn’t afford the stock at its much higher price.
To put the 20-for-1 stock split in perspective, shares of AMZN stock are trading for about $125 as of Monday afternoon. Prior to the split, the company’s stock was going for a massive $2,447 per share.
Should I Buy Amazon Stock After the Split?
Should investors buy AMZN after the recent split? Let’s see whether now’s the time to buy shares according to experts and pro commentators.
- “Investing in tech titans can be a sensible strategy for the long run […] Don’t hesitate to grab a few Amazon shares today — it should be easier now that they’re cheaper.” — David Moadel, InvestorPlace contributor
- “Following a significant capital-investment cycle to support a rapid expansion of e-commerce volumes during the COVID-19 pandemic and to support the rollout of one-day and same-day Prime shipping options, we believe that investment intensity is now downshifting to a more sustainable pace.” — Brian Fitzgerald, Wells Fargo analyst, per The Street
- “Long-term, the stock is still a great investment […] Investors would be smart to buy shares on the dip and hold them in their portfolio for the long haul.” — Joel Baglole, InvestorPlace contributor
AMZN stock is up 3% as of Monday afternoon.
Published First on InvestorPlace: Read Here
Image Credit: Provided by Amazon; Thank you!