Curious Squid has released Pingle, an application for the iPhone which lets you update your status across a selection of social networks at once. Using Ping.fm, Pingle will update Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Flickr, FriendFeed, Delicious, Tumblr, and more including many blogging platforms.
The app works on both the original 1G iPhone and the 3G iPhone, and is available in the iPhone App Store for $1.99
- Simple, comfortable user interface
- Camera and photo library integration
- All features supported in portrait or landscape orientation (for wide keyboard fans)
- View and repost from a history of your previous pings
- Easy location integration with location privacy controls ("fuzzing")
- Google Maps based viewer to see and modify your posted location
As Zee points out on the The Next Web, the only problem with Pingle is if you're in an area that has no reception, there is no way to save an update for posting until you do get reception.
"I'm likely stick to using Mail until Pingle integrate one feature "Outbox". Using Mail, should I not have access to the web, the app will automatically save any emails (updates) in the outbox until there's sufficient a connection for the email to be sent."
Perhaps that will be in the next version. Until then, if you give it a try, let us know what you think.