Win $50k in a Dell & MasterCard SMB Contest

Most of us only dream of being a reality TV star, but if you have your own small business, now is your chance to try out and have a chance to win $50,000, some Dell computer products and fame on the big screen. All it takes is a three-minute or less video that you have to create and post to YouTube before September 11. So take some time over the holiday weekend and start writing your script and blocking out your shots!

The contest is called America’s Favorite Small Business and the link provides details on what you need to know to enter. All firms with less than 25 employees owned by any US legal resident over 18 are eligible, you don’t need to buy anything to enter.

Judging criteria is also relatively straightforward: there will be given 40% weight to the quality of storytelling and the video produced. The other 60% will consider the originality of your business, the journey taken by the firm’s owners, the passion and enthusiasm for your business and how technology plays a critical role in your operations and success.

A few videos have already been posted to the site, and once the submission period ends, judges will determine the top ten entrants, which will then be put to a vote by the public. Nine of these will receive a Dell debit card for $1,000. The grand prize winner will get a prepaid debit card for $50,000, plus a collection of Dell products worth $25,000, along with the opportunity to appear on a new online reality show.

I think this is a very cool contest, and risk/reward is about right for the effort involved to enter. Good luck!

Note: RWW is not a sponsor or otherwise involved in the contest.

Facebook Comments