Data Day Austin will be held January 29 at the Norris Conference Center in Austin, TX and include classes on Cassandra and Hadoop and other big data subjects. The event is hosted by Austin Hadoop/BigData Meetup, GeekAustin and Riptano and will include workshops taught by developers from Argia, IBM, InfoChimps and Riptano. Admission is $50.
The following workshops will be offered:
- Introduction to Cassandra for Java Developers by Nate McCall – Software Developer, Riptano.
- I Know Where You Are: an introduction to working with location data by Sandeep Parikh and Shaun Dubuque – Co-founders, Argia, Inc.
- Hadoop Introduction and Tutorial by Steve Watt – IBM Big Data Lead, IBM Software Strategy.
- Higher Order Languages for Hadoop I – Wukong by Flip Kromer – Founder and CTO, Infochimps.
- Higher Order Languages for Hadoop II- Pig by Jacob Perkins – Hadoop Engineer, Infochimps.
- Web Crawling and Data Gathering with Apache Nutch by Watt (blog)
- Hadoop Analytics for the Business Professional with yet to be announced instructors.
More workshops and presentations are yet to be announced.
Photo credit: nasa1fan/MSFC