This morning’s presentations from Chirp, Twitter’s developer conference, have showcased the growth and the innovation of the service.
A few of the statistics announced this morning include:
- Twitter has 105,779,710 registered users
- 300,000 new users sign up per day
- Approximately 60% of them are coming from outside the U.S
- Twitter receives 180 million unique visitors per month
- 75% of Twitter traffic comes from third-party applications
- 60% of all tweets come from third-party apps
- Since the new Blackberry application was launched, it has accounted for 7 to 8% of new sign
- Twitter now has 175 employees, up from 25 one year ago
- There are 600 million search queries on Twitter per day
- There are over 100,000 Twitter applications
- Twitter gets 3 billion requests a day through its API
- 37% of active Twitter users use their phone to tweet
While the company is making several announcements at Chirp, including the archival of all public tweets since 2006 with the Library of Congress, these statistics confirm the impressive growth and potential of Twitter.