AndroidandMe, there are four brand-name companies in the running and one more unnamed device that will be a "really big surprise."A very juicy rumor this week claims that Google is evaluating a handful of prototypes to determine which one will be the next "Nexus" device. According to the report, via
Which one do you think will be Google's newest flagship phone? Let us know in this week's ReadWriteMobile poll!
The information was complied from multiple sources, one being a developer who claims to have actually handled all the prototypes. Whichever one wins the "Nexus lottery" will have the honor of being the next "pure Google" phone on the market, and possibly the first, or among the first, to run Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
The devices in question are, as follows:
- Samsung with dual-core 1.5 GHz OMAP4460
- HTC with dual-core 1.8 GHz Krait Snapdragon MSM8960
- Sony Ericsson with dual-core 1.2 GHz Scorpion Snapdragon MSM8x60
- LG with dual-core 1.5 GHz OMAP4460
- A "rather svelte" device from a "really big surprise" featuring an Intel CPU
Do you think you know which one will win? Place your vote in this week's poll, below.