BOKU's commercial launch of its 1-Tap billing solution for Android, competitor Fortumo is announcing a revamped in-app payments SDK with support for operator billing in 22 languages across 61 countries, specifically in Europe, Asia and the U.S. market.Fresh on the heels of
One unique feature offered by the updated SDK from Fortumo is the addition of a "fallback" method for customers whose mobile operator does not support direct carrier billing. In these cases, Premium SMS will be used instead. And both options can be implemented with one integration.
Besides the fallback to Premium SMS, the new SDK also offers the following features:
- 1-click payments, no login or registration required
- Built-in support for consumable and non-consumable single items as well as virtual currencies
- A native Android look & feel
- "Offline" payment when a data connection is unavailable
- 61 countries, 22 languages and 42 currencies
Fortumo may be best known for being the back-end of Rovio's "Bad Piggy Bank" in Angry Birds, the in-app payment system for the popular mobile game, announced in December 2010. (More on Bad Piggy Bank here.)
And for a complete list of supported countries, visit http://fortumo.com/countries.