BOKU, a mobile payments company that offers carrier billing on 230 operators around the world, announced that its 1-Tap billing solution for Android has gone live. The new commercial release is available in 56 countries, a big jump up from the small handful it supported while in beta.Today
In addition, the company says it has made a lot of technical improvements in the product related to speed, stability and other bug fixes.
The BOKU SDK for Android allows developers to integrate a carrier billing option for in-app purchases into their mobile applications. That means, instead of having to provide a credit card, or paying through PayPal or Google Checkout, an end user can purchase items which will later show up on their monthly bill from their mobile provider.
To make an in-app purchase, a customer selects the item and taps a "Buy" button to confirm. The developer makes one call to start the transaction. The user can continue in the application afterwards, with no interruption.
The Android SDK is available for download here, but developers will need to request access to the service by contacting BOKU.
Included features in the BOKU SDK are, as follows:
- Easy integration of BOKU SDK into any new or existing Android app
- 1-Tap Purchasing through Carrier Billing in 56 Countries
- No User Registration or User Login and Password
- Secure Transaction Authentication and Carrier Billing provided by BOKU Payments for Android
- Supports Android OS 1.5+
- Localization support for 32 languages
- Supported countries include: Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, US, Venezuela, Vietnam