Virtualization has been around long enough now that practices have been established. What's changing is how virtualization intersects with cloud computing.
The Influences Driving Virtualization is the latest white paper from ReadWriteWeb. In the white paper, writer Philip Morgan looks at the influences that are shaping virtualization with particular emphasis on standardization, simplification and automation. Through that lens the white paper examines the factors that influence companies and how the cloud plays a defining role.
The Influences Driving Virtualization has several interviews with people such as Ray Wang of Constellation Research, George Reese of enStratus and Randy Bias of Cloudscaling. All are accomplished experts whose insights are worth the download alone. It also includes ways to:
- Examine your risk to benefit ratio.
- Consider security implications.
- Learn best practices through enterprise case studies.
- Reduce your data center footprint.
- Outline standardized administration for better disaster recovery.
- Recommend strategic reallocation of resources.
We think you'll find our report about the influences driving virtualization will be essential reading for the new enterprise.