Revolution Analytics just released a new version of its suite of R-based statistical analysis tools Revolution R Enterprise 4.3. Significant new features include the ability to import data files from SPSS, a new predictive analytics algorithm for big data and an installer for Windows. Revolution R already supported importing from SAS files.
The new version is still free for academics, or for those participating in Kaggle data science competitions.
The new features in version 4.3 include:
- New 'Big Data' predictive analytics algorithm: K-means clustering
- Import of data from SPSS files into high-performance XDF files
- Efficient multi-key sorting of large data sets stored in the XDF format
- Improved performance for importing fixed format ASCII and SAS files
- Calculate covariance and correlation matrix from large data sets stored in XDF format
- Support for date values in the XDF data format
- Enhancements to the Revo R Productivity Environment (RPE)
- Update to version 2.12.2 of the open source R engine
- Integrated Installer for 32- and 64-bit Windows
For more background on Revolution, see our profile of the company.