Microsoft is sponsoring Dev Unplugged, a contest for developers working on games and music applications in HTML5. "We believe that HTML5 and related technologies, in conjunction with faster and faster browsers, finally give developers the tools they need to create experiences that are as vivid, interactive and compelling as anything you have seen in native applications," writes Microsoft's Carter Rabasa. Several prizes are being offered, worth $40,000 in sum.
Here's a partial list of prizes:
- $40,000 in total prizes including $9,000 for the Grand Prize.
- Front page exposure on theFWA.com and beautyoftheweb.com
- Cool hardware: laptops and slates from Alienware, HP and ASUS
- An all-expense paid trip to the Future of Web Apps Las Vegas with "golden ticket" VIP access
And here's the timeline:
- 3/1 - Contest Opens (submit early, don't miss a chance to get voted-up!)
- 4/5 - Submission gallery opens to the public and voting begins!
- 5/9 - Submission deadline
- 5/12 - Top-40 Finalists are announced
- 5/23 - Winners are announced!
The contest rules can be found here.