The index ranks the top blogs written by venture capitalists, using data from Compete and the blogs' average monthly uniques from the fourth quarter of 2010.
The list contains a few changes from last year's list, most notably perhaps, with Y Combinator's Paul Graham taking the top spot from Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures. Guy Kawasaki, last year's number 2, has been removed from the last as he's no longer an active VC.
You can subscribe to the top 15 blogs through Google Reader with this bundle: Top 15 VC Blogs.
We've listed the top 10 - along with the blog URL and VC's Twitter handle - below:
- Paul Graham (@paulg), YCombinator, Essays
- Fred Wilson (@fredwilson), Union Square Ventures, A VC
- Mark Suster (@msuster), GRP Partners, Both Sides of the Table
- Brad Feld (@bradfeld), Foundry Group, Feld Thoughts
- Chris Dixon (@cdixon), Founder Collective, cdixon.org
- David Skok (@bostonvc), Matrix Partners, For Entrepreneurs
- Charlie O'Donnell (), First Round Capital, This is Going to be Big
- Larry Cheng (@larryvc), Volition Capital, Thinking About Thinking
- Dave McClure (@500startups), Founders Fund, Master of 500 Hats
- Ben Horowitz (@bhorowitz, Andreesen Horowitz, Ben's Blog
Photo credits: Flickr user David Blackwell