a quote from EFF's co-founder: "The first serious infowar is now engaged. The field of battle is WikiLeaks. You are the troops." It's a battle that has enthralled hundreds of thousands of our readers and made our coverage of WikiLeaks the top stories of the week here at ReadWriteWeb. As part of our annual year-end series on top products and developments we looked at how online reading habits have changed over 2010 as well as the year's top RSS and syndication technologies. And in our coverage of the real-time Web, Audrey Watters reported on a new visualization tool that gives users a real-time view of what scientists are reading. More top stories after the jump.We started this week with
Top Stories of the Week
- PayPal Announces It Will No Longer Handle Wikileaks Donations
- Facebook: We're Not Kicking Wikileaks Off Our Site
- Wikipedia Editors Delete Article Listing WikiLeaks Mirror Sites
- [UPDATED] Anonymous Ousted from Twitter and Facebook, Back on Twitter Already
Download The Age of Exabytes: Tools & Approaches for Managing Big Data
We are experiencing a big data explosion, a result not only of increasing Internet usage by people around the world, but also the connection of billions of devices to the Internet. Eight years ago, for example, there were only around 5 exabytes of data online. Just two years ago, that amount of data passed over the Internet over the course of a single month. And recent estimates put monthly Internet data flow at around 21 exabytes of data.
Our latest report, The Age of Exabytes, explores how technologies are evolving to address the needs of managing big data, from innovations in storage at the chip and data center level, to the development of frameworks used for distributed computing, to the increasing demand for analytical tools that can glean insights from big data in near real-time. Download it for free now.
Internet of Things
Check Out The ReadWriteWeb iPhone App
ReadWriteEnterprise is devoted to enterprise 2.0 and using social software inside organizations.
- Top 10 Enterprise Products of 2010
- 5 Predictions for 2011 From IDC
- Top 10 Success Factors for Enterprise Social and Collaboration Projects
- Pulling Together a Pre-Launch Checklist for Your Startup
- Big Opportunities for Startups Providing Big Data, Data-as-a-Service
- Marc Benioff's Dreamforce Keynote Live Blog
- Live Blog: Marc Benioff's Dreamforce Keynote - Day 2
- President Bill Clinton Talks About Wikileaks
ReadWriteBiz is a resource and guide for small to medium businesses.
- How Small Businesses Can Use Evernote to Stay Organized
- SMB Tech Roundup: Google Apps, EverNote, DropBox and a Square Competitor
- Mavenlink Announces White Label Project Management
ReadWriteHack is a resource and guide for developers.
- How Hunch Built a Data-Crunching Monster
- The Secrets Behind Blekko's Search Technology
ReadWriteMobile is dedicated to helping its community understand the strategic business and technical implications of developing mobile applications.
- Gingerbread Released, Here's What's New
- Nexus S and Gingerbread Phones to Get Full NFC Support Soon
- 5 Secrets Found in Gingerbread's SDK
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Subscribe to the Weekly Wrap-up
You can subscribe to the Weekly Wrap-up by RSS or by email below.
RWW Weekly Wrap-up Email Subscription form: