Y Combinator, where the latest batch of YC startups had an opportunity to showcase their products and make their pitches to a packed room of investors and journalists.Today was Demo Day at
This was the 11th Demo Day for Y Combinator, and the incubator program has graduated 208 startups in its history, with 36 in this summer's cohort - the largest to date.
The startups' products vary, as do the stage their businesses are at: some are already profitable, some have yet to launch. Those that haven't launched remain "off the record," but here are the names and brief descriptions of those we can tell you about:
- Future Advisor: personal financial planning
- AdGrok: search engine marketing platform
- Koduco Games: games designed for multitouch tablets
- Fanvibe: check-in at sports games
- Ginzametrics: SEO analytics and automation
- HireHive: video prescreening for hiring
- Hipmunk: flight search and filtering
- PagerDuty: real-time alerting and tracking system for IT
- The Fridge: "Facebook without Facebook
- chart.io: database analytics and visualizations
- Gantto: alternative to Microsoft Project
- Brushessuite of graphic arts apps
- OhLife: personal journal
- Simperium: makers of Simplenote
- Gazehawk: eye-tracking technology using webcams
- Rapportive: contact profiles within Gmail
- MessageParty: location-based messaging system
- Whereoscope: Child-tracking service via smartphone
- Leftronic: large-screen dashboards with ambient data
- inDinero: financial dashboard for businesses
- Teevox: turns your smartphone into a remote for the Internet
- 1000Memories: memorial websites where people can share stories and photos about loved ones who've died.
YC co-founder Paul Graham joked that the incubator program works on the "Larry and Sergei model of founders: Good at building, not at presenting." But by and large the founders presenting today aced their presentations - no surprise after the time spent not in the incubator program.
And as Demo Day has become such a popular event, it's now spread over three sessions. So the YC 2010 founders get to do this all over again tomorrow.