Opera 10.60, in addition to running 50% faster than the earlier version, will have AVG security features built in, according to the company's PR chief, Thomas Ford.The final version of
Integrated AVG Web Threat Data Feed offers 10.60 following security functions.
- Exploit signatures detect Web pages serving drive?by downloads
- AVG Online shield detects viruses delivered via social engineering scams
- Reputation lists identify consistently malicious domains and URLs
- Contextual analysis exposes attempts to trick users into installing malware via social engineering scams
As we wrote elsewhere, Opera claims a speed increase and a host of other new features.
"The browser scores more than 50% faster than its predecessor - which was the fastest browser on Earth - in key benchmark tests."
Opera's Turbo technology, which compresses the data going over your connection, and shortcuts that purport to save navigational time.Additional time-savers include
Other improvements in this version of the browser include the following.
- Integrated geolocation with the WC3 API
- Appcache allows use of in-browser applications such as word processors and spreadsheets even without an Internet connection by storing the necessary files locally.
- Bing search engine now offered, in addition to the Google
- Instant search suggestions
- New design features, including menu button and icon tabs; "Speed Dial" allows one-click navigation to favorites