Whether Facebook will circle the wagons in an attempt to retain and protect their users, or in an attempt to protect themselves from what they consider unfair outside judgment is unclear. Nick O'Neill on All Facebook suggested they may institute a "a temporary removal of the 'Instant Personalization' service, or at the least, a shift to 'opt-in.'"
To get a feel for the cascading privacy changes on Facebook since the f8 Conference, and read analysis of their import, here is a short digest of ReadWriteWeb coverage.
- Is the New Facebook a Deal With the Devil? by Marshall Kirkpatrick, April 21, 2010
- How to Delete Facebook Applications (and Why You Should) by Sarah Perez, April 22, 2010
- Facebook Open Graph: The Definitive Guide For Publishers, Users and Competitors by Alex Iskold, April 23, 2010
- Facebook's High Pressure Tactics: Opt-in or Else by Sarah Perez, April 28th
- What Happens When You Deactivate Your Facebook Account by Marshall Kirkpatrick, May 6, 2010
- How Do I Delete My Facebook Account?" A Fast Growing Query by Marshall Kirkpatrick, May 10, 2010