changes this month to all its users. They include a new theme (Vector), an editing toolbar and a simplified navigation and search.Wikipedia is rolling out new
Wikipedia started testing these changes and others in March, according to the Wikipedia blog.
Changes to come in the next few days include:
- New look - new theme, called Vector
- Improved navigation - tabs at top of each page more clearly define whether you are viewing the page or discussion page, and whether you are reading or editing a page
- Editing toolbar improvements - simpler and more intuitive.
- Link wizard - allows you to add links to other wiki pages as well as links to external sites
- Search improvements
- Table wizard to make creating tables easier
- Find and replace feature to simplify page editing
This is part of Wikipedia's "Usability Initiative," devoted to "measurably increase the usability of Wikipedia for new contributors by improving the underlying software on the basis of user behavioral studies, thereby reducing barriers to public participation."