The ReadWriteWeb Mobile Summit will take place May 7, 2010, in Mountain View, California and will be an exploration of the latest mobile development trends, both the technology and the emerging business applications.
As with our first event, the Real-Time Web Summit last October, the Mobile Summit will be in the 'unconference' format. We discovered in October that the unconference is a perfect complement to our brand, because it encourages a high quality two-way dialog. Not only that, but the knowledge and ideas that came out of our Real-Time Web Summit were practical and useful - we got a lot of great feedback about that.
As with our previous event, the Mobile Summit will be facilitated by Kaliya Hamlin, who in my opinion is the best in the business at this style of event. We're using the same venue too, the beautiful Computer History Museum.
Mobile was one of our top five trends last year and continues to undergo explosive growth, so our aim with this event is to help you navigate the opportunities. Get ready to explore, think and create the future of mobile! Because it will be you - the attendees - who ultimately set the agenda. You can begin adding your suggestions now.
We will have two main tracks at this Summit, Development and Business. Here's a sample of some of the topics we'll explore in both of these tracks:
- Geo-location services - what can you do using location as a platform?
- Commerce & Marketing - as more and more consumers use smartphones, how can businesses utilize this channel?
- Content, Publishing & Recommendations - the technologies and best practices.
- Mobile Social Networking - how to tap into communities on mobile devices.
- Internet of Things - the emerging opportunities from sensor and RFID data.
- Augmented Reality - the technology and business applications of AR.
- Native App vs. Browser Based - Including iPhone, Android, RIM, Palm, Windows Mobile and Symbian.
If you're a company in the Mobile Internet market, you may be interested in helping sponsor this event. Please contact our COO Sean Ammirati for more information on the sponsor options.
The ReadWriteWeb team is excited about our second event and we can't wait to discuss the opportunities in Mobile with you on May 7. You can find banners and logos to link to our event here, if you're so inclined.
We hope to see you on May 7!