ReadWrite Real-Time Web Summit, the event will be a participant-driven, professionally facilitated, full day of brainstorming, problem solving, inspiration and networking.On October 15th, in Mountain View California, ReadWriteWeb is convening a discussion on new opportunities in a real-time web. Called the
Who's signed up to come so far? Below we offer a sample of participants just to give you an idea how the event is shaping up. Ultimately the content will be decided by you, so please join us for a conversation about what's most important to you about the real-time web.
Select Highlighted Participants at the Summit So Far
- Contingents from Google, Facebook, Yahoo, MySpace, Atlassian and Betaworks (Bit.ly, Tweetdeck, Twitterfeed and more) are coming.
- Media innovators like Ted Roden of the New York Times R&D Lab and Enjoysthin.gs and Sam Whitmore of Sam Whitmore's Media Survey.
- Geeks like Brett Slatkin (Google, Pubsubhubbub), Brad Fitzpatrick (Google, Pubsubhubbub, LiveJournal, OpenID, Webfinger, etc.), Jeremy Hylton (Google), Leah Culver, Mary Hodder, Julien Genestoux (SuperFeedr), Ethan Gahng (LazyFeed) and the guys from CitySourced.
- Financial research engine FirstRain, enterprise Websocket gateway provider Kaazing and TIBCO.
- Real-time search engines like OneRiot, Wowd, Twingly and Collecta.
- A number of Venture Capitalists.
That's a sampling of highlighted companies and individuals attending, but you'll be every bit their equal as a participant in the Real-Time Web Summit. Sessions at the event will be participant driven and we'll be discussing everything from strategically filtering the real-time firehose to the bottom-line financial benefits of going real-time.
Sign up now - early-bird registration ends Wednesday. We'll see you in Mountain View!
Photo: Our event facilitator and production partner Kaliya Hamlin, by Bill Johnston of partner organization Forum One Communications.