announced that its customers have now downloaded a whopping one billion applications from its App Store. Here at ReadWriteWeb, quite a few of us have iPhones, so we thought that this would be a good time to feature some of our favorite apps. We download and test a lot of iPhone apps, but here are the ones that have stood the test of time for us. The App Store is now home to over 35,000 applications, so this is obviously only a small selection of applications, but these are the apps that we don't hesitate to recommend to our friends.Today, Apple
We couldn't get feedback from everybody on the RWW team (and our BlackBerry users weren't very forthcoming with suggestions either), but here are the recommendations from Richard MacManus (R), Marshall Kirkpatrick (M), Frederic Lardinois (F), and Phil Glockner (P).
Music Apps / Internet Radio
- Photon (F) - our review
- Pixelpipe (F) - upload your photos to over 70 different photosharing and social media services (we just posted a review of Pixelpipe's new Firefox plugin today)
- Mobile Fotos (P) - browse and upload photos and videos on Flickr
- iview (P) - share photos on Tumblr
- Todo (F) - lots of to-do list apps for the iPhone - this one is $9.99, but worth the money
- Groundwork (R) - access Basecamp from your iPhone
- YouNote (R) - note taking app, but also works with photos, drawings, and audio
- Soonr (F) - access documents from your desktop on the iPhone
Chat / Voip
- Diamedic (R) - for tracking glucose levels, insulin injections, lab results etc.
What are Your Favorite Apps?
These are the apps that we use every day, but you surely have your own favorites, so feel free to leave a comment and let us know which apps you prefer.