PeopleBrowsr, the online dashboard which tracks updates across all your social networks, has just launched a version of their application designed for the folks who will be attending the SXSW Festival later this month. With the customized application now available at sxsw.peoplebrowsr.com, you can track parties, SXSW-related hash tags, and you can even see where people are tweeting from using Google Maps.
South by Southwest (commonly abbreviated as just "SXSW") is a huge music, film, and web conference that takes place every year in Austin, Texas. A week-long event, the festival has become one of the top destinations for internet geeks thanks to its numerous panels and sessions on all things tech. It's also well known for its numerous parties...err...networking events, where like-minded people get to interact with each other face-to-face, out from behind their respective keyboards.
But because of its massive size and scope, keeping up with all the activities and events at SXSW can be somewhat overwhelming, even for seasoned attendees. That's where the Peoplebrowsr application can help. With the special SXSW edition of this online dashboard, you have a customized portal that comes pre-configured with a number of features that attendees will surely love.
Ten Reasons to Check Out SXSW.Peoplebrowsr.com
- You can create Twitter groups (like you can in TweetDeck) to listen to a specific subset of people - like those attending SXSW for example.
- You can see all the SXSW parties in one master list without leaving your PeopleBrowsr dashboard.
- You can follow the buzz about the conference and parties - check out who's going where, what's cool, and what shouldn't be missed.
- You can find and follow new people and trends based on both popular and yet to be discovered hash tags such as #SXSW, #techset, #allhat, #bloglounge. This feature is especially useful for newcomers who may not know which hashtags are related to SXSW events.
- There's an embedded map for visually tracking where friends are tweeting while in Austin. This can help power the SXSW flash mob mentality made popular by last year's @garyvee (Gary Vaynerchuk) party by visually seeing where people are tweeting from during the conference and parties.
- You can check out the statistics and word clouds for the most popular tags and words used during the conference.
- You can learn more about the people attending the conference. For example, when you see an interesting tweet, you can click on that person to see their other IDs and profiles across the social web, including pictures and videos. And to find out if that person will be at a party, you can check the parties stream or perform a Twitter search (e.g. +party +Friday) in that person's stream.
- You can analyze Twitter activity by reviewing a number of integrated reports. PeopleBrowsr lets you keep track of activity such as who's re-tweeting you, who's re-tweeting your friends, who recently followed you, among many other things.
- You can share the results of Twitter searches you do in the application with your friends - and in just one click.
Bonus: The SXSW edition of PeopleBrowser also lets you spread something they call "PBLove," which is a feature they implemented for Valentine's Day. With this, you can share public but anonymous tweets of adoration for other festival attendees, secret-admirer style! That certainly allows for a nicer back channel than we've seen in previous years.
For more info on the features of sxsw.peoplebrowsr.com, check out the video below.
If the SXSW edition of Peoplebrowsr proves successful, the company plans to launch other customized editions of the application in the future.