the second RWW Live of 2009, we go in-depth about a web standard that made big strides in 2008 and is being increasingly adopted by Internet companies big and small: OpenID. At the end of December, the OpenID Foundation announced its new Board - and we have several of those board members on the RWW Live podcast show today. They are Scott Kveton and Chris Messina from Vidoop, Brian Kissel from JanRain, and David Recordon from SixApart. As usual, RWW Live will be hosted by Sean Ammirati, with Marshall Kirkpatrick and yours truly (Richard MacManus) on the show.In
The show will be broadcast LIVE at 3.30pm PST Monday (6.30pm EST). We invite you to tune in and interact with us via the chat, by clicking here. You can also use the Calliflower Facebook app to listen and participate.
Here are the details of our guests in this show (in alphabetical order):
- Brian Kissel is CEO at JanRain, Inc.
- Scott Kveton is VP of Open Platforms at Vidoop
- Chris Messina is employed by Vidoop, runs Citizen Agency and works on the DiSo Project, facilitating the development of the "Open Stack" for the social web.
- David Recordon is Open Platforms Tech Lead at Six Apart.
Some of the topics we'll explore on the show include:
- How to increase adoption of OpenID
- Plans for the OpenID Foundation
- Opinions on Google Friend Connect & Facebook Connect
UPDATE: the audio is available now.