waiting since February to find out whether an official Android handset will see the light of day. But after numerous setbacks, a device that will carry Android is finally here. Better known as the HTC Dream or G1, the device is set to be available on the T-Mobile network as early as next week, priced at $199.The tech and mobile industries are buzzing about the impending release of the first Google Android handset. We've been
We'd like your help in predicting the following: Will T-mobile or AT&T adjust their entry price point (either up or down) for the HTC Dream and the iPhone respectively in 2008? Let us know by casting your vote at RWW Predictions.
- The $199 price point for both phones is only available with a contract
- Android is the first complete, open, and free mobile platform.
- HTC targets 600000 Dream handset sales this year
- Analysts predict Apple will sell 13 million iPhone units in 2008
- Google Chrome browser is confirmed to come to Android
Check out a video of the Android OS just below and be sure to read up on our top 10 picks of Android apps we hope to use.