Chrome (our coverage), is sure to take market share from the existing players. So we want you to help us predict: which of the following browsers will lose the most share (in percentage terms) between August 2008 and December 2008? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or a tie or other? You can cast your prediction by visiting RWW Predictions. It'll be interesting to see what the ReadWriteWeb community thinks will happen!This week we're running a prediction challenge, on the topic of browsers. Google's new browser,
- Chrome has taken 1-2% share of the global browser market since its launch (NetApp)
- IE has lost 4-5% share so far in 2008 (NetApp)
- Analysts are skeptical of Chrome's adoption by enterprises, given its unproven "beta" status
- IE had 72% share and Firefox had 20% share in August 2008
- Microsoft and Mozilla recently launched browsers (IE 8 & Firefox 3) with similar features as Chrome
Click through to RWW Predictions to login and cast your prediction.
Note: On Monday afternoon the RWW Live crew will be discussing Chrome's impact on the browser market with 2-3 special guests. Be sure to tune in at 3:30 pm PDT Monday.