Here is a quick wrapup of the week's Web Tech action on ReadWriteWeb. For those of you reading this via our website, note that you can subscribe to the Weekly Wrapups, either via the special RSS feed or by email.
This week on ReadWriteWeb we did our annual review of Web companies and most promising for 2008. Check out these posts for our picks, and see if you agree!
- Best Web BigCo of 2007: Facebook
- Best Web LittleCo of 2007: Twitter
- Most Promising for Web 2008: Open Source Movement
Other highlights this week:
- LinkedIn Announcement: The Good News and The Bad
- Bebo Adopts Facebook Platform; Facebook Opens Up its Platform Architecture
- Mobile MySpace On Sprint: Do Carrier Deals Make Sense?
- Amazon Web Services Family Expands with SimpleDB
- The Evolution of Personal Publishing
- Good Things Take Time: New Tech Doesn't Go Mainstream Overnight
- Facebook vs. w00t: The Web Defines Word of the Year Competition
- Movable Type Goes Open Source Today
- Online Accounting: The Next Killer App For Google Apps
Apologies for this week's abbreviated wrapup, normal service will return next week!