It's been a busy day on Read/WriteWeb, with Alex Iskold managing to find time to file multiple reports from DEMOfall 2006 in San Diego. Here are his posts from today:
- Widgetbox: A Chat With CEO Ed Anuff
- USBCell does away with chargers
- Lirix innovates in music advertising
- BuzzLogic innovates in social influence space
- RingCube launches Mojopac - pure portable computing magic
- Presto - photos for people who are not online
- Tribeca Labs bring interesting twist to photo space
- Dash Navigation launches first truly connected automotive navigation system
Alex Iskold's own company, AdaptiveBlue, is also presenting at DEMO - debuting the Firefox extension blueorganizer. It's already gotten a rave review from Techcrunch, with Marshall Kirkpatrick writing:
"Social bookmarking is a crowded space, but for people who seek a well constructed tool that balances an intuitive user experience with features to please the power user, Blue Organizer may be a very good option. The beauty is in the details in this one."
As for my own highlights from Day 1, I love the sound of MojoPac - which allows Windows users to save their entire PC onto a USB or iPod. Also I think BuzzLogic is doing some cool things to track social influence on the Web.
See our list of DEMOfall 2006 presenting companies for full details of the 70-odd products chosen for DEMO. Thanks Alex for the excellent coverage and I can't wait for Day 2!